Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Scrap Your Story - This is Forever

Its Friday! Another reveal day at Scrap Your Story! The challenge this week is to use any sort of embossing on your layout! It can be dry or heat embossed.. just use embossing. To be honest.. it scared me! I have a Big Shot with some embossing folders and I have ink, a heat gun, and one little thing of embossing powder. Safe to say that I usually only use the embossing folders if I make cards (which isn't much) and I never use the embossing powder!

I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to try out the embossing powder on a scratch piece of paper. It worked well! I have seen a lot of heat embossing in the scrapbook world lately and I would like to get more into it. I think I am going to order some of the American Crafts Zing embossing powders so that I have more fun colors to choose from! :)

The only powder I had was a silver which I thought would go well with this wedding photo of mine. I used February's Studio Calico kit to create this layout and I used an older studio calico heart arrow stamp to create the embossed arrows!


Here is a close up of the embossed arrows, as well as my layers and clusters.


I think that it turned out well! Be sure to play along with the challenge this week! 


8 comments:

Christy said...

The colors are PERFECT. They grey makes the colors you added pop beautifully and I totally am in looooove with that embossing. Thank you so much for joining our design team...you are truly an inspiration girlie! :) :)

Brandi Matos said...

LOVE this page!!! AMAZING job with the challenge!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful layout Andrea!! I love how the embossed arrows turned out!!

Helen Wallace said...

A fab photo, simply scrapped.....The silver embossing works well with your choice of colours :)

Jessica said...

Beautifully done. I love my embossing powders and have way to many colors.

Sadie green said...

This lo is so simple yet very effective really love it :) like the bright brads contrasting with the grey powder xx

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful layout Andrea, great idea to emboss the arrows. I love your Mexico album too. Great pages...

bethchien said...

this is a killer cool layout! loving loving LOVING that black/grey/yellow combo!