Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

a Scrapbook Circle kind of day!

It is true.. I spent the day working with the new March Scrapbook Circle kit, Charmed Life. It is adorable!! I am in love.. but I think I say that with every Scrapbook Circle kit! If you've never looked at their kits, you really should! They rock!

I made three layouts today, but I am going to share the two that I made for the current challenges going on right now at Scrapbook Circle. The first challenge is labeled "Lucky Charm." I chose to use a photo of my husband from my wedding as I was walking down the aisle. The photo says it all. He is my lucky charm and I am so lucky to have him. :)


I used lots of goodies from the kit including the fun Dear Lizzy heart die-cut piece and the exclusive "Lucky to have you" piece from the kit. I also used the Amy Tan stitching template to make the arrow. Cool huh? 


Here are some close-ups of the layers and other elements. The Thickers are Dear Lizzy from an older collection as well as the white and gold mini stickers. 


The next layout was made for the current sketch challenge at Scrapbook Circle. For some reason I always have trouble doing layouts where my photos are in a vertical orientation like this sketch, but I made it work for me! I had some great inspiration from Diana Fischer's layout. 


Aren't these photos of my niece too cute? Sorry, I am biased. :) I had to pull the letter stickers from my stash, but pretty much everything else on the layout is from the kit. 


I was in love with the way Diana used that adorable mini wood veneer polaroid frame, so I had to do the same! 


SC-sketch-0313

Thanks for checking out my layouts today and be sure to stop by Scrapbook Circle and check out their kits and inspiration! Stay tuned for another layout using this month's Scrapbook Circle kit! 




6 comments:

Heather Doolittle said...

Both of these are ADORABLE! I love the way you used Diana's sketch. And the title in the first page is my fave! I love the mix of title stickers!! You're so good at that anyway. :) You really make me want to subscribe to SC! Love their kits sooo much!

Christy said...

These are awesome! I just love your layering you put into every layout! :) :)

Ashley Horton said...

Both of these are really fab Andrea!! Love the way you used the Lucky Charm collection and you did an awesome job using the sketch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! I am IN LOVE with these!! LOVING those hearts on the first one!!!

Missy Whidden said...

Love these, Andrea! I love all the hearts on the first one and all the arrows on the second one. And that frame is SO cute! Yep, your niece is just beautiful and looks like one happy little girl!

orange gearle said...

These are quite lovely! I too spent some time with a Scrapbook Circle Kit, but it was the Febrauary one. My March one is staring at me, waiting for me to dig in! I can't wait! I LOVE what you have done with these! Awesome take on the sketch!