Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Baby Kuenzel is a mover! Weeks 19 and 20

We have officially made it halfway through the pregnancy and we are beyond excited!!  The time is flying by and if the last half flies by as fast as the first half did, our sweet little baby will be here before we know it!

The past two weeks were pretty darn exciting in the baby world.  At 18 weeks 6 days, I was sitting at Sam and Rachelle's house hanging out with Rachelle and the kids and all of a sudden I had a really funny movement in my tummy.  I immediately wondered if it was the baby and I asked Rachelle if she thought it could be.  She said maybe, but I wasn't sure either.  It wasn't long and I felt another one.  Throughout the weekend I kept feeling these little fishy like feelings in my tummy.  I knew it couldn't be just gas or ligament stretching.  It had to be my baby!  Since then I feel the baby moving around in there all of the time.  Ryan laughs because I tell him almost every time it happens.  I just wish he could feel it too.  :)  It is pretty spectacular.  I can't wait until they are big kicks!


19 weeks and dying to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!  I realized that some clothes show your baby bump more than others!

It is pretty safe to say that I had an amazing birthday.  It was a wonderful day and we had our 20 week ultrasound.  The ultrasound was so cool and it was neat to see Baby Kuenzel again.  Even though I thought I have been feeling Baby Kuenzel like crazy, I was a little worried going into it because I hadn't had an appointment since June 24 and my next OB appointment isn't until August 12.  As soon as Baby K got on the screen, arms and legs were flailing all over the place.  It sure made me relax a little.  We watched the screen as the tech measured all of Baby's important parts.  It was just phenomenal.  Baby's heart rate was 151.

As the tech was trying to measure baby he made the comment, "This baby is really a swimmer!"  We laughed and kept intently watching the screen.  Five minutes or so went by and the tech said, "Wow, baby is a mover and a shaker!"  We laughed again and I asked, "Well, aren't they all like this?"  The tech laughed pretty hard and said no.  Both Ryan and my mom said that they weren't surprised and made the comment that if Baby K is anything like me, Baby K can't sit still! :)

Here is a still shot of Baby K on the big screen.  


Here is a YouTube link to an ultrasound video of Baby K.  Of course at this point Baby wasn't moving as much as he/she had been prior.  It is still neat to have a video like this though.  Thanks Ryan! 



Many of you have already seen the big news, but the next part was the gender!  At first Baby K would not open his/her legs, but soon enough it was clear for us.  I knew right away from the famous “hamburger” sign of her hooha!  The tech told us it was a GIRL and congratulated us on having a daughter! :)

 
We are super excited to have a little girl and after our ultrasound we called our close family with the wonderful news.  I called my niece Bailey to tell her the news and boy [or girl], I got an earful of a scream when she found out it was a girl.  :)  Everyone is very excited for us.

Afterwards we headed to Target and Babies R Us to register and boy, what an overwhelming process!  It sure helps that we have had lots of advice from my sister and I did lots of researching on what we wanted.  We decided that although there will be a lot of pink stuff there is no reason that our little girl can’t have boyish things too, so we registered for some of those too.  :)  I also decided since I finally knew the sex of our baby that it was completely necessary to buy an outfit or two. :)



After we registered we went to Best Buy and Ryan bought me a cute video camera for my birthday so that we will be able to take sweet videos of our little girl when she arrives.  We ended the night with a yummy birthday meal at Chili’s.  It was the perfect birthday! 



We are super excited for a little girl and we are so thankful that this pregnancy is going so well and we have a healthy baby.  God is great!  I would like to leave you with a cute little anecdote from this morning.  As we were driving to our friends’ house this morning to meet their new baby boy, we were talking about all the different things we will get to experience with a girl.  After listing off about a half a dozen I said to Ryan, “Oh man, just think!  You will have to deal with her dating boys!”  Ryan didn’t say anything and after about 30 seconds he said in a very serious voice, “I’m scary.”  I died of laughter and almost peed myself.  Right Ryan… You are very scary. :)  Thanks for all the well wishes! 






2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats on your little girl Andrea, and I'm glad you had a great birthday!!

Stacia Brandt said...

Very happy Birthday and congratulations on your little girl :)