Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

25 weeks... 7 months!?

You read that right!  I am currently 7 months pregnant! I say it every time, but time is really flying!  Everything is getting real and oh so exciting!  I'll admit.  I do have moments where I am scared too, but that is normal.  I hope!

The last two weekends Ryan and I spent our time at my mom and dad's place on the lake near St. Cloud.  Since it has been so rainy lately my mom and I decided to make a trip both weekends to St. Cloud to go shopping!   Turns out, I have decided that I can no longer buy Baby Girl Kuenzel anymore clothes.  Don't get me wrong.  I haven't gone crazy.  I can honestly say I have bought her less than 10 outfits and each outfit I have bought her has been on sale, but I know that I have wonderful friends and family that will shower her with wonderful gifts of goodies and clothes.  Because seriously, who doesn't like buying baby girl clothes!?

Anywho... mom and I struck gold at JCPenney and mom got her a bunch of cute outfits that she will give me as shower gifts.  On our trip to St. Cloud over Labor Day we even found the perfect outfit for Baby Girl for her "going home outfit."  Yes, I know those things don't really matter, but it is fun to find a cute outfit.  Plus, if she is born before Christmas (like she should be, I hope) she will need some cute outfits for all the gatherings.  My mom bought her the adorable going home outfit and I just can't get enough of it!  It just might have a kitty on it. :)

This week marks 25 weeks and I am definitely looking it!   In the past two weeks I can't count anymore how many people have told me that my "belly has popped."  Great!  It is nice to know that I am actually looking pregnant because I can say that I feel pregnant too. :)

I forgot to take a 24 week picture and my 25 week picture is a little out of the ordinary up at the lake.  As you can see, my parent's kitty is also proud to be in the picture as well.  :) 

Week 25 Pregnancy Stats:  

Size of baby: According to the Internet - a rutabaga. I don't know what that is, but she should be about 1.5lbs and a little over a foot long. 

Movement: Lots of random movements all the time. I am wishing for it all of the time.  Sometimes I get nervous if I don't really feel her much on a given day, but apparently I don't need to be feeling her all the time yet.  I do keep telling Ryan that I think she will be a very good listener because sometimes I tell her "keep kicking mama!" ...and she does!  :) 

Sleep: Bah.  I am sleeping well for the most part, but now I dread gong to sleep.  Last Monday night I woke up with neck spasms and haven't been able to move my neck normally ever since.  I am in a lot of pain and the mornings are absolutely horrible.  I only had the neck spasms during the night for about three nights, but now I wake up every morning in pain and it lasts throughout the day.  I was able to see a physical therapist on Wednesday which was somewhat helpful.  They taught me some exercises and worked on massaging my neck and assured me that they think it is a muscle problem and not a nerve issue.  I am thinking it is all pregnancy related.  It is safe to say that I am sick of it already though.  Imagine not being able to move your neck around without bad pain and not even being able to look down.  It is quite frustrating.  Otherwise, sleep has been good.  I borrowed my sister's body pillow which I am loving.  Ryan is not. 

What I miss:  Being able to comfortably move my neck around.  Sandwiches.  

Cravings: Rice krispie bars.  :) 

Symptoms:  Neck pain. Neck pain. Neck pain. 

Maternity Clothes: Yep, they are necessary.  Of course I am still wearing some of my other clothes, but the belly is definitely pushing through them.  


Best moment this week: I have two!! Tuesday morning when I arrived to work there was an adorable pink box on my desk.  It was the first morning of my horrible neck pain and I needed cheering up and that pink box was perfect.  Inside were 4 adorable homemade baby cookies.  They are just beautiful and so detailed.  They are from a sweet woman that I work with.  It was such a sweet surprise and they really mean a lot to me.  I am so happy to work with such kind, generous people like her.  Aren't they adorable!?  Too adorable to eat, at least now!  We have decided that we will eat them when Baby Girl arrives.  Thanks so much Joann! 

 Moment #2:  On Wednesday after work there was a big package at our doorstep!  I couldn't get out of the car fast enough to get it open.  Guess what it was? 


This beauty!  Apparently Baby Girl is pretty special because that thing may have cost *almost* as much as my car behind it! Just kidding!  But she is pretty darn special to us and we wanted a really nice stroller.  Ryan has been talking about the perfect stroller since before we were even married.  He would point out strollers and say why he didn't like them.  He wanted an "all terrain" stroller with good tires, shocks, and suspension.  So this is what Baby Girl gets!  We are kind of dorks and have been pushing it around the basement.  Needless to say, Buttons does NOT like it and he hisses at it every time.  Apparently it looks like a cleaning product to him?  I don't know.  It is pretty darn cool and Baby Girl will spend a lot of time in it!  

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is September!   I will have another OB appointment on Thursday.  My wonderful mother-in-law sent out invitations for a shower that will take place the end of September.  My mom is throwing me one the end of October and my sister is also throwing me a baby shower the beginning of November.  I can't begin to say how thankful I am for all the wonderful people in our lives.  Labor Day weekend is a milestone weekend for us in this rainbow pregnancy and it has been great.  We have so much to be thankful for. I will leave you with a photo of Ryan and I from this weekend!  




1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

You are looking so cute Andrea!! And that stroller is awesome! She will be riding in style!!!