Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A very special project

Yes, I know I haven't posted for quite sometime. Back in December to be exact. I've been quite busy with all of the Christmas hype (my last Christmas is at my house this afternoon), work, getting influenza, and decorating our house. I HAVE made time to make a special project for my sister and brother-in-law.

My sister is wonderful. I love her so much. I was worried when she had her baby that she would just get too caught up in everything and forget to take photos. Well, she is taking photos..so I am super happy about that! From that point... I am not sure what will ever happen to the photos. I am sure that eventually she will make some Shutterfly books and probably print some of the photos, but she will never scrapbook them. Scrapbooking is just not her thing. She loves my books and what I do, she just can't see herself doing that.

I decided that I wanted to help her preserve some of those memories of Alaina and the family. It is just a small 6 1/2 x8 1/2 book, but it is something! I think they will really appreciate it. I hope to keep making her one every once in awhile. This one starts at her birth and goes until Christmas. It includes some random pictures and some photos from the important events in the first 4 months of her life. Enjoy!


I used a Smash Book - cheap and cute! :)


Making use of the Bella Blvd collection that I bought when I found out Shannon was pregnant. 


The book came with great patterned papers. This particular one I was able to use, some I had to cover up. I used some Crate Paper on this page. 


More Crate Paper and the adorable Studio Calico birdies! 


October Afternoon Cakewalk. I cut the title on my Cameo after I figured out how to "weld" letters!


This is my least favorite page of the entire book, but it is still cute. I used Doodlebug and I think that is why I don't like it. They have cute papers, don't get me wrong, but they just aren't my style for some reason!


I used some of my left over MME on this one. I am still in love with this collection. The title is a little song from the TV show Big Bang Theory. Shannon sings it to Alaina. :)


Dear Lizzy goodies on this one and a banner Cameo cut. I just love her face :) 


MME for a photo from my wedding


Some more MME and the Pink Paislee wood letters


Some goodies from a Studio Calico kit on this one. Shannon took Alaina to Target a lot during the first 3 months of her life. 


Adorable. 


Some Echo Park goodies! 


More MME goodies. Isn't she a doll?


Ocotber Afternoon Witch Hazel. I love the way this one turned out. 


More OA. Wasn't she a cute little Zebra? :) I don't think she was a fan of Halloween. 


Baptism. I used November kit from Scrapbook Circle! I found a clever way to use the November tag!


My favorite line from Pink Paislee! It worked out perfect for these photos. And I just love that heart arrow stamp from Studio Calico. 


I used some of the October Afternoon Holiday Style on this one. 


This one used My Mind's Eye Christmas collection. She looked so cute in her Christmas dress. 


And last but not least, a family picture at Christmas. I used some goodies from Scrapbook Circle's December kit. 

I can't wait for them to open this later! TFL! :) 




2 comments:

Heather Doolittle said...

Awwww... I love it!! The mini pages are just so cute and how you documented your niece's first 4 months of life is just so sweet. I'm sure your sister will love it!! :)

Stacia Brandt said...

You did an amazing job on this! I'm sure your sister loved it! What a wonderful sister you are for doing all of that! I'm sure Alaina will appreciate it as well