Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I wish for just One More Day

Erika's Issue Challenge this week over at Club CK was to scrap something that has changed your life. I thought about scrapping the house we bought a year ago, but I had just done a LO of that. I decided to do a LO about my grandpa Howard who passed away in June 2007 after a long battle with prostate cancer (he also had skin cancer). I have always wanted to do a LO about him, but hadn't yet. A couple of weeks ago I did a LO of his and my other grandpa's headstones. My other grandpa passed away very unexpectedly 6 months after my Grandpa Howard. I would like to do a LO about him too.

I grew up living next door to my Grandpa Howard my entire life and I was very close to him. It has been almost 4 years and I still have a couple dreams of him a month. In the journaling I said "Losing you has taught me to not take for granted the people I love." I never knew losing him would be so hard.

1 comment:

DanaMK said...

What a heartfelt layout - good for you for scrapping it. It's such a pretty layout but very masculine at the same time. I love your title and the twine!